The miracle tree Moringa is a plant native to Africa and Asia. In India, it is found on the foothills
of the Himalayan mountains. It is loaded with all micro and macro elements in an over-proportional quantity. It also contacts all essential amino acids as well as about 30 antioxidants.
Moringa tree is humble and grow quite fast in tropical and sub-tropical climate. It has outspoken health benefits as its various parts
are edible. Its bark, sap, seeds, oil, leaves, roots and flowers can be eaten or used as home remedy.
Slight bitter flavor with mild grass-like undertones. We melange lemongrass with moringa to give it a delicious flavor.
Moringa is a humble looking plant
1. Moringa is a powerhouse of all vitamins, minerals, essential amino acids and antioxidants. You can eat moringa as a natural
2. Moringa leaves are edible. They contain three times more iron than spinach.
3. Moringa contains all 9 the essential amino acids.
4. The Moringa leaves helps in boosting energy levels and speeding metabolism in a natural manner, which is long lasting. It is also found to heal ulcers, restrict tumors, reduce arthritis pain and inflammation and control blood pressure.
5. Daily consumption of moringa as part of the diet improves body’s natural defense mechanism.
6. It is rich in vitamin A or beta-carotene and acts as an effective weapon against blindness.
7. It plays an important role in lactating mothers. Consumption of moringa is reported to cause a dramatic increase in breast milk.
8. This plant also has several antibacterial properties and hence can be used as a purifier and as a natural detoxifier.
Moringa seeds mixed in impure water can help in absorbing all the impurities.
Moringa helps in the removal and excretion of toxic build up by attracting toxins from the blood.
9. Moringa supplements are better than most of the multivitamin and calcium supplements available in the market which use synthetic ingredients. Moringa supplements are prepared from moringa leaves and pods which are natural sources of all minerals and vitamins. Their processing method increases the availability and absorption of nutrients by the body.
10. Due to their anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties, moringa supplements facilitate quick healing of minor injuries like bruises, cuts and burns.
11. Roots of moringa are used in traditional medicine to control disorders of the circulatory system, for stimulating appetite and to improve the functioning of digestive tract. In addition to these, they can treat sexual dysfunctions, female reproductive tract problems and arthritis.
12. According to research, certain elements contained in moringa roots can cure ovarian cancer, kidney stones and inflammations.
Hair Benefits Of Moringa
13. Moringa Oleifera has a high content of vitamin A, thus promoting hair growth and maintenance. Optimum delivery of oxygen and nutrients from the circulatory system to the hair follicle is vital for proper hair growth. Vitamin A plays an important role in the development of healthy cells and tissues in the body and reduction of hair loss. Deficiency of vitamin A can cause thickening of scalp, dry hair and dandruff.
14. Moringa plant also contains zinc which stimulates hair growth by enhancing the immune function. Zinc and silica along with vitamin A prevents drying and clogging of the sebaceous glands. Sebaceous glands are responsible for production of sebum. Deficiency of zinc can lead to atrophy of the hair follicles due to the impairment of DNA and protein synthesis. Zinc also influences the conformation of nucleic acids.
15. Vitamin E in moringa is a powerful antioxidant that stimulates blood circulation around the scalp. Proper flow of blood to the scalp helps in the absorption of more nutrients available in the hair follicles.
16. Moringa is a storehouse of all nutrients required for healthy hair. Hair loss occurs due to the deficiency of vitamin B- especially B6, biotin, inositol and folic acid. Proper blood circulation to the scalp enables hair follicles to grow stronger and healthier. Vitamin C together with vitamin E helps in the improvement of blood circulation in the scalp. It is vital to maintain capillaries that carry blood onto the follicles.
17. Moringa contains abundant quantities of minerals such as calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium, selenium, copper and manganese which are essential for healthy hair.
18. Moringa oil is a natural supplement for improving the health and strength of hair and scalp. Regular massage with this oil helps in reducing split ends. It supplies rejuvenating vitamins and minerals to the hair follicles and tissues of the scalp.
Skin Benefits Of Moringa
Just like healthy hair, supply of proper nutrients is vital for the maintenance of healthy skin. Moringa is loaded with nutrients like calcium, vitamin A, B, C, D, E; minerals like copper, iron, zinc, magnesium, silica and manganese. Moringa has moisturizing and nourishing properties and an excellent cleansing ability which makes it an active ingredient in skin care products.
19. Moringa has been found to possess anti-ageing properties. The effect of free radicals on human skin causes the appearance of wrinkles and makes the skin aged and less resistant to lines. Moringa has excellent cleansing ability which aids in cleaning the skin cells of free radicals and restoring the vitality and youthful complexion of the skin.
20. Moringa leaves contain about 30 antioxidants that contribute greatly towards healthy skin. Moringa oil is highly absorbable and hence helps in delivering these powerful antioxidants to the skin cells.
21. Moringa leaves also contain sulphur. This mineral is present in every single cell of the body and is the key ingredient for Collagen and keratin. Collagen is an elastic substance that gives flexibility and softness to the skin and keratin is a rigid substance which gives the skin rigidity and strength. These two substances form the majority of skin tissue and are made up of proteins constructed from sulphur.
22. The seed extract of moringa herb is popular in the cosmetic industry due to its therapeutic skincare benefits and skin purifying properties. It possesses the ability to filter out impurities that are deeply rooted within the skin and has an amazing detoxifying and rejuvenating properties. It enhances the fairness of skin by balancing the natural skin color and tone. A paste made from Moringa leaves beautifies the skin and can be used as a face mask.
23. The ben oil which is extracted from Moringa seeds is used to soften and soothe baby’s’ skin.
24. Moringa seed powder is used as an active ingredients in deep cleansing creams and lotion. It protects the skin from adhering pollution and smog.